New from Music Is Big Place: The Convergence of Parallel Lines, the second collaborative release from Jimmy Ghaphery and Daniel Barbiero. The release, a free download at archive.org, contains three improvisations and one composition for winds and double bass, and one live improvisation for winds, double bass, percussion and three dancers.
- The Convergence of Parallel Lines (1)
- Silver under Grey on Black
- The Convergence of Parallel Lines (2)
- Exchanges for alto saxophone & double bass
- Approaching/Contact (for Jose) for three instrumentalists and three dancers
Jimmy Ghaphery: alto saxophone, clarinet, flutes.
Daniel Barbiero: double bass & prepared double bass.
On Approaching/Contact: Jimmy Ghaphery, winds; Daniel Barbiero, double bass; Sam Byrd, percussion and objects; Page Ghaphery, Ken Manheimer and Jose Dominguez, dancers.